How can you know which VPN Service is the greatest? This is actually the question that comes in our mind when we are about to purchase a Personal VPN Account. When formula eins see that you can find so many providers, we can not but wonder which one is a good.
However according to what each individual needs “best” can mean a different thing. Some of us will require VPN to bypass Internet restrictions and access blocked websites, others use it in order to be in a position to watch foreign online TV shows on HULU, HULU Plus, BBC, Fox or NBC, while others only consider online anonymity. Anyway, effectively, a Personal VPN Service can satisfy all these needs.
Still with the number of VPN Providers always increasing, there are a few basis criteria your attention must turn to before you select your VPN Service Provider.
Here are some of them:
1) First of all, take a look at the available server locations (this is important as the IP that will replace yours is one of many server`s public IP addresses; this will enable you to access online programs offered only in specific areas).
2 ) The speed of the VPN connection. That is generally boosted by your proximity to the server`s location and is closely related to the Internet speed provided by your ISP. Read some reviews and see what other people have to say about this. It might be quite annoying to wait each and every time 10 seconds or even more for a website to load. This might easily be the most important aspect in choosing a VPN Provider.
3) The VPN Account Setup process. Some VPN setups require the installation or configuration of pretty much complicated software, while others do not and are very easy to follow.
4) Is the service provided reliable? The reliability refers to the stability of the bond. Does it work at all times? Any downtime? How often it happens? You can’t feel great online if your VPN disconnects every 10 minutes.
5) The limit on bandwidth. This identifies the traffic offered. Some services provide 5 to 20GB per month while some offer unlimited bandwidth. If you are a big of P2P, you should be tempted to choose an unlimited one.
6) The technical support. You will maybe encounter some issues with your connection or a drop from the server and you may need technical assistance. May be the technical support tech-savvy enough to help you? Do they will have enough knowledge to resolve your issue? Are they prompt, polite and proactive?
7) VPN protocols. If you really worry about your computer data security then look for an ultra-secure VPN protocol like OpenVPN or SSTP that provides the most advanced and secure encryption available. Some providers offer them as standard features. Or even, PPTP`s or and L2TP`s encryption can do fine for you.
8) The price: after you check criteria above, it is possible to compare the provider`s prices and select the best one for you. Remember: the most expensive isn’t always the best and it all depends of your needs. Prices generally fluctuate between 5$ and 30$/month.